Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Reflection-Wednesday, Feb 2

February 2011 I decided it was time to start playing around with my d40 every day to learn how to use it both in auto and manuel.

I have realized that even in auto I have to select a focus area in order for the light to meter correctly.

I think the d40s flash is way too bright so i would like to learn to take photos without it.

I read on some website-which I need to go back to that there is a setting to change on the d40 so the flash does not wash out the pictures.

What I cannot figure out is why in Aperture priority I don't have metere to use unless the flash is up.  I also many times cannot get it look balanced when switching the aperature.  Is this b/c my lens just is not able to let the correct amount of lighting in for the indoor pics I'm trying to take?

No comments:

Post a Comment